Friday, January 14, 2011

Ophiuchus? No way.

They have taken away my Zodiac sign. I was a proudly skeptical Sagittarius and even though I don't believe in that stuff I believed in my Zodiac sign as part of who I was because, well, it was my Zodiac sign.

But because of an unfortunate accident of birth, my dates no longer fall under the archer's sway.

So now, what. . .a name that sounds like the bile that accompanies a bad head cold? Or a klutzy kind of elephant?

Please, Zolar, tell me you're not really doing this. The stars, at least, are supposed to be well nigh immutable, no? Are you telling me we've changed so much in the past ten thousand years that you have to add not only a new sign, but really stupidly-named sign? Was there really no other way?

Couldn't you have maybe shifted the dates around a little, or at least come up with a kick-butt name for the new sign, like "iPadLightSabre"--you know, something really attractive to the weenies who give two shakes of a mare's tail about any of this?

I am saying here and now I am sticking to my old sign, and I don't even care what the stars say any more, so there!

Sagittarius is my past, and I say: Sagittarius now, and Sagittarius forever!